The Greater West Town Community Development Project (GWTP) seeks candidates for the Maintenance Coordinator open position:
● Maintain the efficiency and good working condition of all building systems, grounds and vehicles
● Maintain safety and building code compliance of all building systems, grounds and vehicles
● Implement the system for cleaning, maintenance and repair of facilities
● Perform building maintenance and repair including, but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, flooring, carpentry, painting, plumbing and grounds
● Maintain preventative maintenance and warranty compliance schedules for all building systems, grounds and vehicles
● Order and maintain inventory of building-related materials and supplies
● Maintain accurate records of the status and condition of the equipment and other systems in the building
● Coordinate with vendors and contractors for outside specialized services
● Train and supervise janitorial staff
● Coordinate with agency management on facility issues and problems
● Be available and respond to emergency calls after regular office hours as required
● Perform other relevant duties as assigned
● Minimum of two years of construction or building maintenance experience
● Minimum of two years of related experience in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems and familiarity with commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in those fields
● High school diploma or equivalent required
● Good communication, writing and organizational skills
● Must have a car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
● Knowledge of green construction and maintenance practices a plus
● Local area residence a plus
● History of community involvement and service a plus
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full time, permanent, career position. The salary range is from $30,000 to $36,000 per year based on skills and experience. The agency benefits package includes health, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; bonus program and educational reimbursement.
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed cover letter and resumé demonstrating how you meet or exceed each minimum qualification/requirement. Submit your materials via e-mail to: email@example.com or mail to the address listed below. Please clearly indicate Maintenance Coordinator in the subject line of the e-mail.
No phone calls or visits, please.
ATTN: MC Hiring Manager Human Resources Greater West Town Community Development Project 500 N. Sacramento Blvd. Chicago, IL 60612
Greater West Town Community Development Project (GWTP) is a community-based economic development initiative expanding employment and education opportunities for low-income residents of Chicago’s West Town, Humboldt Park, and West Side community areas. GWTP provides highly effective programs targeting the critical education, training and employment needs of youth and adults, including: The West Town Academy Alternative High School, Woodworking and Shipping & Receiving Training Programs, and comprehensive employment referral and placement services. GWTP is an aggressive and effective advocate for the educational needs of at-risk and dropout youth and the job training needs of low-income, unemployed community residents.
P.A.S.O. - Proyecto de Accion de los Suburbios del Oeste (West Suburban Action Project) is a grassroots...
Get social! LATINOS PROGRESANDO is now using Facebook Comments on our posts to provide an enhanced user experience. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then "add" your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box.