The Project Director will provide the leadership and general management of all operations and supervision/facilitation of all staff activities. This position will recruit, train, interview, screen, chair meetings, coordinate activities with consultants, write reports and assist the Principal Investigator in developing budgets and time-lines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Direct and facilitate all operations and s staff including data manager and administrative assistants.
● Recruit and train staff and volunteers.
● Maintain close contact with consultants and key community figures regarding overall progress and direction of the grant and data collection.
● Writing research papers and reports.
● Strategic plan, develop budgets and set time-lines.
● Help in writing IRB reports and in annual reports to NIH.
● Supervise several staff members, along with Leonard Jason, the Director of the Center.
● Assist in budget management.
● Master’s degree or Ph.D. with special focus on clinical, community or experimental psychology.
● Experience making research presentations at national conferences.
● Knowledge of SPSS and data management skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with school, district, law enforcement, and other community officials who will be involved or contacted over the course of the project.
● Proficiency in both written and verbal communication, research report writing, and the delivery of such papers at national conferences.
● Ability to plan, organize and manage the daily activities and operations of a major complex research project in a University office setting.
● Ability to provide necessary leadership, including helping to maintain a high morale among co-workers and keeping such a project on track over an extended period.
● Ability to chair regular staff meetings, develop agendas, and establish and meet time-lines.
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), is seeking to hire a Web Communications Intern....
Get social! LATINOS PROGRESANDO is now using Facebook Comments on our posts to provide an enhanced user experience. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then "add" your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box.