The Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Contact Center (located in downtown Chicago) is looking for Technical Assistants to work during afternoon/evening hours and on the weekends; bilingual a plus.
Call Technical Assistants serve as a primary contact for the Association, handling incoming calls and requests to the Association Call Center. These individuals provide high quality customer service support; general information and education about Alzheimer’s disease and the Association. Call Technical Assistants collect data, assess callers’ needs and triage calls to Care Consultants when an advanced level of phone support or counseling is needed. Call Technical Assistant also respond to mail and email inquiries, and assist with fulfillment activities.
Essential Job Functions
● Answer questions and inquiries from callers.
● Provide general information about Alzheimer’s disease and answer questions regarding the Association’s activities, events and programs.
● Collect demographic data and enter it into computerized database.
● Assess and refer calls appropriately to care consultation, chapters or others within the Association.
● Maintain appropriate documentation and follow-up appropriately.
● Handle a high volume and broad range of call issues successfully.
● Prioritize inbound calls and/or perform outbound calls as needed.
● Adhere to a confidentiality agreement.
● Integrate new knowledge and practices resulting from training.
● Follow established association Call Center policies and procedures.
● Respond to written requests for information (via mail and email).
● Identify resources to respond to unique or unusual requests from callers.
● Conduct customer satisfaction surveys via outbound calls and respondent surveys
● High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● 2-3 years of customer service work experience.
● Good word processing and general computer skills.
● Type 30 wpm.healthcare industry, mental health or Alzheimer’s Disease.
● Able to work a flexible schedule work schedule (day, evening, weekend or holidays).
● Bi-lingual language capabilities desired (English and Spanish).
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Familiarity with
Or mail resume and cover letter to: Alzheimer’s Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
* The Alzheimer’s Association is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), is seeking to hire a Web Communications Intern....
Get social! LATINOS PROGRESANDO is now using Facebook Comments on our posts to provide an enhanced user experience. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then "add" your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box.