Payment: Determined by Americorps, see below
$16,992 living allowance
$6,095 education award (can be used for future education or student loan repayment)
Child care benefits
Training and development
Latinos Progresando is the lead organization of the Marshall Square Resource Network (MSRN), a neighborhood network of over 40 partner organizations who are committed to supporting the health and well-being of residents in Marshall Square (MS), with an emphasis on developing community resilience. Community resilience is a measure of the sustained ability of a community to utilize available resources to prevent and respond to, withstand, and recover from adverse situations. The Network shares information and resources, creates integrated solutions and organizes for community change. The Network focuses on four key areas: Education, Health, Peace and Capacity Building.
The AmeriCorps Member will support the work of the MSRN toward the Network’s mission. Specifically, the Member will help coordinate communication efforts and create and maintain a platform where MS community members can learn about community events, services and programs. Additionally, the Member will help with community engagement (meetings with community members, help organize community events, create and conduct surveys) as well as collect and organize data.
- Promote community events and communicate goals and success of the MSRN
- Participate in and provide support for network and committee meetings; this may include coordinating logistics of meetings, taking notes and conducting research between meetings
- Assist with volunteer events in the neighborhood, for corporate partners and schools
- Assist with the coordination of public events that unite the community
- Attend all MSRN meetings and events
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff trainings, supervisory sessions and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, with ability to motivate others
- Culturally competent, with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish strongly preferred
To apply, please visit https://uw-mc.org/careers/jobs/americorps-member-2/
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Idrovo, Neighborhood Network Director at J.Idrovo@latinospro.org.