Payment: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Latinos Progresando’s Business Coordinator will coordinate the organization’s work in the Cermak commercial corridor, focusing on cultivating relationships with businesses in the corridor and providing resources to help them sustain and grow their enterprises. Reporting to the Community Programs Director and working with a team of community engagement coordinators, the Business Coordinator will be responsible for programming that serves the local business community.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando is a nonprofit organization that delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando provides quality, affordable immigration legal services, reaching families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 45-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to students from immigrant families.
Local business support and engagement
- Working with the Community Programs Director, support and maintain strong relationships with the businesses on the Cermak Corridor (Kedzie to Rockwell)
- Cultivate a network of local businesses to encourage increased communication, mutual support, maximization of opportunities, and local referrals
- Connect local business to City and other stakeholder benefits and opportunities, including tax relief, business development, and related programs
- Bring experts to present to businesses on topics relevant to their interests, including safety and security; funding for small and minority-owned business; and community support resources for themselves and their employees
- In collaboration with department staff, coordinate logistics for local business workshops, including but not limited to preparing calendar invitations, video links, outreach emails, and agendas
- Act as main logistical contact for all inquiries from businesses seeking information from or to work with Latinos Progresando
- Manage and coordinate PPE shipments and distribution to local businesses
- Drive, monitor, evaluate, and report on progress on the organization’s business development plan
- Maintain data and evaluation information on business development activities
- As needed provide data and narrative information to Development Team for grant writing and reporting; draft and/or review select external communications related to the business development activities
General community programs
- Attend and contribute to the success of all LP signature events, Marshall Square Resource Network quarterly meetings, and committee meetings as assigned
- Facilitate and plan participation of local businesses in LP events and programs, including the annual community summits, among other events
- Monitor supply inventory and maintain Community Programs supply inventory sheet; ensure adequate supplies for department events and activities
- Represent Latinos Progresando at external meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish
- Initiative and ability to engage multiple, diverse stakeholders to achieve shared goals
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
Latinos Progresando provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Latinos Progresando is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us prior to an interview; no candidate will be penalized for requesting an accommodation.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Business Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.