Payment: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in the State of Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
Latinos Progresando also serves as the backbone agency of the Marshall Square Resource Network (MSRN), a 40-organization neighborhood-based coalition that builds the capacity of member agencies to advance integrated solutions in health, education and peace.
Reporting to the Community Programs Director, the Business Coordinator will support the Business Coordinator in local business support efforts and other Community Programs team projects.
The Business Coordinator will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills. The position requires dependability and the ability to produce high-quality work independently, while also having the ability to take guidance and direction.
- In collaboration with the Community Programs department, coordinate logistics for local business workshops, including but not limited to preparing calendar invitations, video links, outreach emails, and agendas
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Community Programs and Latinos Progresando’s Development Team, write and review select external communications
- Provide support for local business owners to access resources
- Contribute to the success of broader Community Programs department initiatives, including LP signature events, MSRN Quarterly meetings, and committee meetings
- Represent Latinos Progresando at external meetings as mutually agreed
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant work or educational experience
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish
- Excellent written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Punctual and reliable
- Availability to work flexible hours
- Culturally competent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Business Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.