Payment: Commensurate with experience
The Chief Programs Officer is responsible for directing and overseeing the organization’s mission-based work, including our community programs, immigration legal services, and sub-granting work. This position will supervise the Director of Community Programs and Director of Legal Services and will hold the Excellerator Fund sub granting program in their own portfolio.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando is a nonprofit organization that delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando provides quality, affordable immigration legal services, reaching families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 50-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to students from immigrant families.
Strategy & leadership
- Serve on the executive team and help to develop organization’s strategy, goals, and objectives and align overall management of the organization to achieve them
- Provide insights, analysis, and strategy to drive organizational programming
- Support organizational leaders with information and analysis to inform strategic decisions
- Serve as organization representative at external meetings and events
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all mission-driven work
- Supervise all program directors, including program/project strategy, work plans and product, workflow, time and performance management
- Provide programmatic direction and oversight; implement systems to support managers in carrying out strategic vision and goals
- Evaluate programs’ impact and effectiveness and provide reporting to Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Provide feedback, mentoring, guidance, supervision and professional development to program leadership staff
- Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward providing excellent program services
- Participate in programs’ budget development process and monitor budget performance
- Develop strategic community partnerships to increase reach and effectiveness; support all fundraising efforts and initiatives, including site visits, donor outreach events, (volunteer days, bus tours) and donor meetings
- Promote collaborative relationships between program areas
- Ensure program activities are aligned with and meet donor requirements and goals
- Provide periodic and required reporting on program activities for fundraising, evaluation, and planning purposes
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong familiarity with community- and culture-building work and/or issues affecting immigrant communities, with a preference for work in the Mexican community
- Experience in relationship- and partnership-building
- 4-7 years non-profit program management experience or related experience (please specify)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact, communicate professionally, and partner with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to apply independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing a diversified workload
- Strong project management skills, including ability to manage multiple timelines and projects simultaneously
- Proven people management skills, including experience supervising staff members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish/English bilingual
- Experience with database management preferred, Salesforce a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
Latinos Progresando offers a robust benefits package, including health and life insurance; a 401k plan; and generous time-off policies.
Latinos Progresando provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Latinos Progresando is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us prior to an interview; no candidate will be penalized for requesting an accommodation.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Chief Programs Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.