Payment: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Grants & Communications Manager, the Communications & Outreach Associate will support Latinos Progresando’s resource development and community engagement efforts. The Communications & Outreach Associate will be expected to contribute to and lead elements of community outreach, media relations, and grants administration, and have the ability to produce quality work both independently, and as part of a team.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 40-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
- Collaborate with development department colleagues to execute the organization’s overall fundraising strategy
- Coordinate logistics of neighborhood tours and site visits for current and prospective funders
- Support the senior management team in the stewardship of Latinos Progresando’s relationship with United Way of Metropolitan Chicago
- Serving as the liaison between programs and development, contribute to the execution of community events, including the Peace March, Education & Wellness Summit and Día del niño
- Produce media advisories and press releases for Latinos Progresando/Marshall Square Resource Network events and initiatives and coordinate on-site press management, with support of the Events & Engagement Manager
- Produce outreach/communications materials and branded items
- Provide support to the Grants & Communications Manager in the administration of the grants portfolio, including written narratives, records management, reporting and research
- Collaborate with the Youth Engagement Coordinator to administer Latinos Progresando’s Dr. Angela Perez Miller Scholarship Fund
- Excellent writing skills a must
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Bachelors degree or comparable related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish a plus
- Working knowledge of donor database systems (ex. Salesforce) a plus
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Communications & Outreach Associate”.