Payment: Commensurate with experience
The Community Investment Coordinator is a project management role that supports Latinos Progresando’s community investment strategy, which includes grant-making and scholarships. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the ideal candidate will be driven, collaborative, and able to communicate effectively and authentically with diverse agency and community stakeholders.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando provides high-quality, affordable immigration legal services, arts and cultural programming, and a scholarship fund for students from immigrant families. Additionally, the organization leads a 50-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, with a spectrum of hyper-local, collaborative initiatives that support community wellness and vitality.
Latinos Progresando’s community investment strategy includes 1) hyperlocal grantmaking to Marshall Square Resource Network partners, 2) grantmaking through the Excellerator Fund, a 5-year, $10 million initiative managed in collaboration with the Greater Auburn Gresham Development Corporation (GAGDC) to invest in Black and Mexican-led organizations city-wide, and 3) the Miller Perez Family Scholarship Fund.
- Administer the grantmaking process for the Excellerator Fund and other sub-granting initiatives, including issuing requests for proposals, managing data, and reporting
- Administer the scholarship process, including disseminating the application, managing data, scheduling interviews and communicating with recipients
- Build and support a committee of external grant application reviewers
- Coordinate logistics for weekly Excellerator Fund meetings, including collaboration with project team to develop agendas, maintaining the calendar, and following up on meeting deliverables
- Support the Excellerator Fund leadership team in preparation for external meetings and events
- Work closely with GAGDC staff on specific program deliverables, including capacity building for grant recipients
- Manage partnerships connected to Latinos Progresando’s community investment strategy
- Coordinate the work of consultants, as needed
- Drive internal data collection and management related to community investment efforts and maintain shared internal files
- Facilitate ongoing communication with and serve as primary point of contact for grant and scholarship applicants and recipients, including regularly sharing opportunities and resources
- Facilitate the flow of information across organizational departments and relevant external partners
- Serve as organization representative at external meetings and events, as assigned
- Liaise with development team to communicate the impact of Latinos Progresando’s community investment initiatives, including contributing data for grant reporting
- Contribute to grantee and funder convenings
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative and ability to collaborate
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Knowledge of philanthropic landscape, experience in grant making, grant writing and prospect research a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive; working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Latinos Progresando provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Latinos Progresando is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us prior to an interview; no candidate will be penalized for requesting an accommodation.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Community Investment Coordinator” to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.