Payment: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Events & Engagement Manager, the Development Associate will support Latinos Progresando’s private fundraising and communications efforts, with the primary responsibility for data and membership management. The Development Associate will be a self-starter, highly detailed, and able to produce quality work both independently and as part of a team.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in the State of Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 40-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
- Collaborate with development department colleagues to execute the organization’s overall fundraising strategy
- Manage the organization’s donor database, Salesforce, including data entry and timely generation of donor acknowledgements
- Generate reports and dashboards from Salesforce, as requested
- Coordinate the annual Run for Latinos campaign, connected to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, including recruitment, tracking, serving as liaison for charity runners, and working with Events & Engagement Manager to coordinate race day activities
- Support the Events & Engagement Manager in the execution of Latinos Progresando’s special events and individual giving campaigns
- Coordinate logistics for meetings of the Board of Directors and related Board committees
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree or comparable related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive
- At least one year of experience with donor database systems (experience with Salesforce a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency in social media platforms a plus
- Experience in web development and/or back-end website management a plus
- Strong writing skills, and ability to speak and write in Spanish a plus
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Associate.