Payment: Salary, commensurate with experience
The Development Director operationalizes Latinos Progresando’s fundraising and communications strategy and leads the development team. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, and accountable, motivated by the opportunity to contribute to a growing organization.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando provides high-quality, affordable immigration legal services, arts and cultural programming, and a scholarship fund for students from immigrant families. Additionally, the organization leads a 50-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, with a spectrum of hyper-local, collaborative initiatives that support community wellness and vitality.
Leadership & Administration
- Oversee day-to-day development and communications operations
- Supervise and contribute to the development of department staff
- Liaise with and manage the work of consultants, as appropriate
- Provide regular reports to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and CEO
- Contribute to reports for the Board of Directors
- Collaborate with the CAO to develop agendas for Development Committee meetings and follow up on meeting deliverables
- Facilitate the flow of information across organizational departments and relevant external partners
- Monitor quality in working procedures, including data integrity in Salesforce
- Support the leadership team in preparation for external meetings and events
- Serve as organization representative at external meetings and events, as assigned
- Monitor department budget and liaise regularly with the finance team to reconcile revenue and ensure adherence to fiscal policies and procedures
- With the support of the CAO, liaise with the CEO and Board of Directors to implement the organization’s fundraising strategy, and monitor annual private fundraising targets, based on annual budget projections
- Oversee the execution of Latinos Progresando’s annual events calendar, including community-based celebrations and convenings, large fundraising events like MEX talks, and a cheering section for Team Latinos members participating in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Support the Assistant Director in the recruitment and engagement of key stakeholders, including volunteers, host committees, and at least 55 members of Team Latinos for the Chicago Marathon
- With CAO and CEO, cultivate and secure sponsorships for special events
- Manage specific corporate and philanthropic relationships
- Lead Latinos Progresando’s annual year-end giving campaign, Mission:Uplift and contribute to the cultivation of individual donors
- Supported by the CAO, establish a multi-level stewardship program for annual and monthly contributors
- Manage the organization’s communications strategy, with the support of a Marketing & Communications Coordinator, including print materials, website, newsletters and social media platforms
- Increase Latinos Progresando’s brand visibility and monitor quality
- Serve as an agency spokesperson and support other identified agency spokespeople
- Minimum four years of related experience, including management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and inspire multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Initiative and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of philanthropic landscape and grant writing
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive; working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Latinos Progresando provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Latinos Progresando is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us prior to an interview; no candidate will be penalized for requesting an accommodation.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Development Director” to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.