Payment: Commensurate with experience
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 50-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
The Grants & Contracts Specialist will be a self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the organization. The Grants & Contracts Specialist will execute Latinos Progresando’s grants strategy, manage the grants calendar, and monitor grant and contract reporting and compliance. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, with strong organizational, research and analytical skills.
- With Chief Advancement Officer, develop and execute Latinos Progresando’s institutional fundraising strategy, based on annual budget projections and strategic resource development plans
- With executive team, serve as liaison between the organization and institutional funders
- Manage the organization’s grants calendar, including Latinos Progresando’s existing portfolio, responding to private and public RFPs, and reporting
- Conduct prospect research and analyze opportunities to identify new private and public grant funding sources
- Monitor quality in department working procedures
- Maintain paper and digital grant records, and manage grant-related contacts in database
- Support executive team in issue-based research related to new programs or initiatives
- Collaborate with program directors to determine program needs, monitor grant compliance, and track and monitor program outcomes and client demographics for grant reporting
- Collaborate and communicate with Finance department to reconcile grant revenue, monitor compliance and prepare for annual organizational audit
- Furnish regular reports for executive team
- Oversee grants-related professional contractors, intern(s) and/or grant writing staff
- Bachelors degree or higher, with minimum three years related experience
- Excellent writing skills a must
- Knowledge of philanthropic landscape, grant writing and prospect research
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive; working knowledge of donor database systems a plus
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Grants & Contracts Specialist”.