Payment: Commensurate with experience
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in the State of Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world.
Additionally, the organization leads a 30-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
Latinos Progresando’s Green Projects Coordinator will support the implementation of green space projects in the Marshall Square area.
- Manage the community engagement, planning, design and installation of green projects, including a green space project slated for a neighborhood elementary school.
- Collaborate with school communities and other stakeholders to establish a team of community caretakers and advisors.
- Organize school community meetings and community build days.
- Coordinate and oversee ordering of tools and supplies.
- Coordinate with contractors and subcontractors, as needed, to install green elements related to site preparation, hardscape installations (e.g. benches, paths and planters), and other activities.
- In collaboration with community members and key partners, establish a written plan for care, management, and community engagement.
- Participate in Marshall Square Resource Network Health Committee meetings and share project updates.
- Present project updates to other stakeholders, as needed.
- Prepare regular progress reports.
- Provide, as needed, staff support for other agency or department initiatives. Responsibilities may also include other duties, as assigned.
- Project management and community engagement experience required.
- Some experience with gardening or caring for community gardens, parks, or other greenspaces, and/or a willingness to learn about these topics required.
- Demonstrated experience organizing or bringing people together, including leading community meetings and organizing feedback into plans.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive
- Desire to learn and work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Flexible work hours with weekends and evenings occasionally required.
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and three references, with the subject line “Green Projects Coordinator” to email@example.com.