Payment: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando is a nonprofit organization that delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando provides quality, affordable immigration legal services, reaching families from more than 40 countries around the world. Additionally, the organization leads a 45-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to students from immigrant families.
The Outreach Coordinator will support Latinos Progresando’s partnership with Illinois State University’s (ISU) National Center for Urban Education Chicago Teacher Education (CTEP) program. ISU CTEP provides resources, support and preparation for educators committed to diversity, equality, social justice, and excellence in education within an urban setting. The Outreach Coordinator serves as lead liaison between ISU programs and the Little Village community, and supports Latinos Progresando’s broader outreach efforts.
- Conceptualize, plan and implement the curriculum for community context seminars, and community-based educational and cultural outings with ISU constituencies.
- Share local community events and information with the ISU community.
- Link ISU students to community projects and service learning opportunities in the community.
- Reinforce ISU efforts to encourage students from Chicago communities to consider ISU through activities and events for prospective and admitted students such as Shadow Day campus visits.
- Collaborate with Latinos Progresando staff and other lead community site coordinators across the city, in order to ensure program consistency and reinforce learning outcomes across communities and programs in Chicago.
- Maintain consistent communication with ISU students, staff/faculty and partners affiliated with CTEP’s programs.
Latinos Progresando Outreach
- Support the Community Engagement Coordinator and Education Coordinator with outreach and program delivery (including but not limited to Parent Leadership meetings, community meetings, SEL curriculum, Chicago Connected, Latinos Progresando Summer Camp)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an educational field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a position of significant responsibility within an education setting.
- Effective communication and organizing skills: i.e. strong oral, written, research, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and interest in service learning, urban education and diversity issues as they pertain to education.
- Experience as an urban teacher/trainer of adults and/or youth is also preferred.
- Must have a flexible schedule. This position will require evening hours and travel within the city and occasional travel to Bloomington/Normal.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite and the Internet.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Outreach Coordinator” to Marcy Gonzalez, firstname.lastname@example.org.