Status: Part-time, Seasonal
Payment: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Youth Engagement Coordinator, the Summer Camp Coordinator will be the day-to-day point person for the 2nd Annual Latinos Progresando Summer Camp at Maria Saucedo Scholastic Academy. Primary responsibilities will include frontline communication with all program instructors and volunteers, overseeing student check-in/checkout each day of camp, and supervising each day’s schedule of activities.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build
secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando is the largest Latino-led immigration legal services provider in the State of Illinois, serving families from more than 40 countries around the world.
Additionally, the organization leads a 40-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, offers arts and cultural programming, and provides scholarship funding to promising students from immigrant families.
The Summer Camp Coordinator will be a self-starter, highly detailed, and able to coordinate multiple moving parts.
- Participate in orientation and CPR First Aid training training the week of June 17th
- Complete CPS Level 1 Volunteer process, including fingerprinting and TB testing
- Oversee camper check-in and instructor sign-in each morning of camp
- Oversee camper check-out each afternoon of camp, not leaving the premises until all campers have gone home
- Oversee weekly fields trips and ensure trips follow CPS protocol (field trip forms, adult to student ratio etc.)
- Coordinate instructors and volunteers to ensure their classes are covered on a daily basis, i.e. keeping track of scheduling and finding subs as needed
- Communicate actively with Latinos Progresando’s Youth Engagement Coordinator, especially pertaining to instructor pay, instructor no-shows, or any potential changes to camp schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinate numerous volunteers and contractors
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive
- Experience working with elementary/middle school aged students preferred
- Experience coordinating volunteers, events, or programs preferred
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish a plus
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Summer Camp Coordinator.