Payment: Hourly, commensurate with experience
The Events & Engagement Assistant supports Latinos Progresando’s fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on producing high-quality events and engaging organizational stakeholders. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, and able to manage multiple priorities.
Founded in 1998, Latinos Progresando delivers high quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives. Latinos Progresando provides high-quality, affordable immigration legal services, arts and cultural programming, and a scholarship fund for students from immigrant families. Additionally, the organization leads a 50-organization coalition called the Marshall Square Resource Network, with a spectrum of hyper-local, collaborative initiatives that support community wellness and vitality.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Development and development team to meet Latinos Progresando’s annual fundraising goals
- Support the Assistant Director of Development in producing high-quality events, including community-based celebrations and convenings, large fundraising events like MEX talks, and a cheering section for Team Latinos members participating in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Coordinate event logistics, including liaising with vendors, managing lists, and requesting expenses
- Serve as lead staff on event days and support the coordination of other staff and volunteers
- Drive the annual recruitment and registration of at least 55 Team Latinos members
- Facilitate ongoing communication with and serve as primary point of contact for members of Team Latinos
- Manage relevant partnerships related to Team Latinos
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director to coordinate key stakeholder groups, including managing a calendar of meetings and activities, drafting agendas and following up on meeting deliverables
- Support internal data collection and management related to events and engagement and maintain shared internal files
- Facilitate the flow of information across organizational departments and relevant external partners
- Serve as organization representative at external meetings and events, as assigned
- Collaborate with other members of the development team to communicate the impact of Latinos Progresando’s programs
- Demonstrated experience in project management, event planning or related field
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) and Google Drive
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Knowledge of philanthropic landscape, experience in grant making, grant writing and prospect research a plus
- Knowledge of social media a plus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Latinos Progresando provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Latinos Progresando is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us prior to an interview; no candidate will be penalized for requesting an accommodation.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter, with the subject line “Events & Engagement Assistant” to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.